Re: Recovery storage--Expert's advice needed

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 23:01:54 -0700 (PDT)

I tested this on test server and it works, but i want experts advice before i
do it on live server. I want to do this just to ensure my backups are intact.
Praveen R

Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: Hi,
I am using Arc server backup software 11.0 to backup exchange 2003 (SP1)
mailbox on a production server, however i have not tested it by restoring. So i
thought of utilizing "Recovery storage group" feature to test the restore.
i want to do the following.
1. do not delete the production database (Skip creating dial-tone database)
2. create recovery storage group and add the database to which i want to
3. Restore the database and mount it (Recovery storage group)
4. Do not swap the database
Now i will be able to see the mailbox's in the Recovery storage group though
disabled. This i feel tells me that backed up database is intact.
Is my understanding correct. Can i try this on production server.
Praveen R

Yahoo! Sports
------------------------------------------------------ List Archives: Exchange Newsletters: Exchange FAQ: