RE: Recovery server not recognized

  • From: "Tim Lamberth" <tlamberth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:49:23 -0500

I am using Win2k backup and I believe you are correct...that it is not
registering its services in DNS. I set up saferecovery.com as the
internal domain for the recovery server. It has AD and DNS on it as I
had mentioned earlier. Since AD is linked to DNS can I delete the domain
in DNS and then add it back? I know you can with non-AD domains. DNS
does show the MX record for the recovery domain and when queried it
answers properly, but I know that is different than registering its
services in DDNS. I setup the primary DNS server is our valid FQDN
domain to act as a secondary for the recovery domain.

Thanks,

Tim