Recover Mail - Malicious Staff Action

  • From: "Craig Kettle" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 23:12:48 -0700

Have an employee who has deliberately deleted mail from our Exchange 2003
system after sending messages to our suppliers and customers.

Conditions:

Exchange 2003 Server
User did not have cached mode Outlook 2003
User permanently deleted messages.
log files go back 1 month
Need to go back 2 months
Recover mailbox and messages are kept for 14 days

May have data backup dated earlier am in the process of going through all
our backups.

Is there a smtp log i can go through

Is there anyway i can find out what messages the staff member has sent.

As a minimum it would be great if i could at lease find out who he has
sent messages to and header.