RE: Recomendations on gateway antivirus

  • From: "Stephen Hartley" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 08:04:26 +1000

Portion of e-mail sent by MicroWorld yesterday:

"But, we are proud to share with you the fact that users of the recently
released MailScan 4.2 and eScan 2003 'e' edition, will all be protected
against such scums.  This is primarily because both these products
email-scanning engine has a feature to look inside a ZIP file
(irrespective of whether it is password-protected or not) and then
removing this ZIP file itself if it is found to be having a dangerous
attachment. So, if you wondered how come you never received such worm
infected mails, you now know the reason for the same :-)"

And here I was wondering why none of my clients had seen these new worms

Stephen Hartley