Recipient unknown error when sending to exchange from outside...

  • From: "Marvin Cummings" <marvc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Mail List" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 21:04:03 -0400

I can send mail from inside fine, but I can't receive. This is a brand
new exchange 2000 w/sp3 install with the default settings. I get the
following after attempting to send from the outsde:

.net 007: This e-mail message was undeliverable due to the following
reason:

.net 018: Each of the following recipients were rejected by a
destination mail system.

Note: The reasons given by the destination mail system are included to
help you determine why each recipient was rejected.

Solution:
Attempt to resend, or contact the recipient by alternate means to let
them know about the issue.

    Recipient: <testusr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Reason:    <testusr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Recipient unknown

I've forwarded port 25 on my router and tried telneting in but wasn't
able to be authenticated with my user account.
I've also confirmed that my iSP, Bellsouth, isn't blocking port 25.

Any responses are appreciated.