RE: Recipient policy

  • From: Tom Kern <tpkern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:02:58 -0400

well, for the relay part, if that were true, how would mail get to a user if
you set him up with a secondary address that wasn't in recipient policy?
This is common.
 like i want to use a .forward file unix sendmail senario- i send to addy A
but redirect to addy B which is the primay addy.
if exchange just looked in recipient policy, that wouldn't work because addy
A wouldn't be in the policy and it would knock it out.
 i assume it looks up addy A in the proxyAddress attribute and then also
sees the other primary addy from recipient policy and accepts it.
 does that sound right?
 Thanks