Recipient policies don't work?

  • From: "Leo" <leoperis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 03:38:48 -0600

There are two default policies one called Default recipient policy and the
other called after the site name of the exchange 5.5 site that we joined
when installing the e2k server.

The exchange 5.5 site recipient policy is set to the highest priority (we
can't change this).

I have created a user account in the w2k domain with a value of "companyA"
in the company field of AD users and computers for this account.

I created a recipient policy called companyA and set the filter to look
for all users and groups with the company name set to "companyA" and the
email address is companyA.com. I have set this to be the primary address.

When I hit FIND in the recipient policy the account is found!
However the email email address is never set on the account, instead the
default email address from the exchange 5.5 site is set.

I have checked the filter on this policy and it is set to apply to
everyone!?

If I am correct, when a recipient policy is found that matches an object
no further matches are attempted. Based on this the behaviour is not
surprising but I must be missing something as this can not be correct?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Leo