RE: Receipent can't receive email automatically

  • From: Jeff Horton <Jeff.Horton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:02:13 -0400

When new mail arrives the Exchange Server sends a UDP packet to the client
which forces the client to refresh its view.  When the clients need to
manually refresh this generally means there is something like a firewall or
Proxy client, etc that is not allowing the UDP packet to reach the client
machines.  I would check your network configuration to see where this could
be happening as it sounds like something has changed as it worked fine
earlier.  Are the clients and Exchange server on the same network segment,
etc...

Thanks,
Jeff