Rebuilding exchange 5.5 server...steps involved??

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Weblist" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:59:31 -0000

Hi all

I have been given the task of rebuilding an exchange 5.5 mail server due
to the fact that windows software hard drive mirroring failed.

The server however, is still up and running even though the disk system
is shot.

I have never even played with exchange 5.5 and would really appreciate a
list of steps involved in saving all the users and email addresses in
order to be able to import them again if possible.

It is a small site...less that 40 users so it wouldn't really be much of
a hassle to recreate everything but I would really like to do it
reasonably quickly so that I can get home at a reasonable time...:))

or used by any person other than the recipient named above.

unlawful. Optimum IT Solutions disclaims any liability for any action taken in
connection of this E-Mail. The comments or statements expressed in this E-Mail
are not necessarily those of Optimum IT Solutions or its subsidiaries or