RE: Rebuild Exchange 5.5 server.

  • From: "Jerry Moore" <jmoore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jmesidor@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 10:46:04 -0700

Just a bit more information.........Current Exchange server resides on their
PDC........I've built another Winnt 4.0 server to act as a BDC and Exchange
server........I have not yet installed Exchange on the new server as I will do
this on site........Has anyone used the Microsoft Exchange Move Server Wizard?
This tool comes with SP4 for Exchange.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks

>>> Jean Mesidor <jmesidor@xxxxxxxxxxx> 04/30/02 07:03PM >>>

Yes, this is possible. You will need to make sure that replication is
fully completed. To be on the safe side, do not delete the databases of
the new server, rename them instead. I would like to know the outcome.

Hope that helps.