RE: Rebuild Exchange 5.5 server.

  • From: "D'Amico, Tony" <tony.damico@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'jmoore@xxxxxxxxx'" <jmoore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 11:35:19 +1000

Jerry,

You can use a utility called exmerge which will copy all mailboxs to a .pst
file.  Then using exmerge againg on the new server you can convert the .pst
files back to mailboxs.

You need to create the maiboxs either manually or using export/inport into
.csv files from the Exchange tools menu. The only catch is that the .pst
files must match the alias of the mailboxs.  Rules, sharing etc..  does NOT
get moved across.  This is a primitive way and I know there are other s/w
that does pretty much the same thing.

Tony