Re: RUS Question and new exchange not getting mail.

  • From: "exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchange@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:37:17 -0700

Incase anyone is interested or has this problem in the future I would just like
to update the list with the fix to the problem listed below.  After spending
about 20 hours with microsoft support with pretty much no prevail we discovered
2 things 1 the metabase was corrupted and there is a tool that can check and
repair the metabase called ExMetabaseCheck.  The second problem is that somehow
either during install or service pack install the SMTP service got corrupted so
it needed to be reinstalled .. along with everything else:

1) Remove IIS and components
2) reinstall IIS (by iteslf not with NNTP and SMTP and ASP.net)
3) reboot the server
4) install the NNTP, SMTP and ASP components
5) Reinstall the service packs
6) reboot machine
7) reinstall Exchange (select no to all for overwriting files)
8) Reinstall exchange service pack
9) reinstall any other third party component that you may have installed before
such as antivirus.

after all that was done then the problem below was resolved.  I will keep the
list posted for any other issues and will most likley post this fix and the
metabase checker on my website http://www.netdigix.com (unless the metabase
check can be found on the microsoft site?)

thanks