[ExchangeList] RSG mounting errors

  • From: "Maglinger, Paul" <PMAGLINGER@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchangelist (Freelist)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 10:52:15 -0500

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------We're still playing
around with the RSG.  We restored the database to
the RSG and tried to mount it.  When we did it errored out with C1041724
error.  Looking in the Application Log shows:

Event Type:       Error
Event Source:    ESE
Event Category: Logging/Recovery
Event ID:           619
Date:                5/22/2008
Time:                9:27:19 AM
User:                N/A
Computer:         TELSTAR
Information Store (136) Recovery Storage Group: Attempted to attach
database 'F:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\Recovery Storage Group\Mailbox Store
(TELSTAR).edb' but it is a database restored from a backup set on which
hard recovery was not started or did not complete successfully.

After Googling around, I found reference that running eseutil /cc
restore.env could bring it to a mountable state.  My question is what
risk is there to the production information store to running this?

- Paul