RE: RPC/HTTP on Windows XP Home Edition

  • From: "A. Michael Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 01:17:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

> The 401.3 error is normal and it means your RPC is working. I think you
> will find on one of Microsoft's RPC over HTTP deployment how-to guides
> that if you get 401.3 that your RPC is fully working.

The problem is that we are not getting the 402.3 error.  We are getting a
"hang" with an error message about rundll32.exe instead.

> Have you installed the CERT on your workstation?? RPC over HTTP will not
> work unless the CERT which is running your Outlook Web Access website is
> installed on your workstation.

Yes, cert is installed OK.  the https: URL does not complain about the
cert (it would if the cert was installed OK) and OWA also workd
(using the secure URL https://.../Exchange)

Best regards
Mike