Re: RPC over http

  • From: "Carl Houseman" <c.houseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 20:26:38 -0500

One does not "make this E2K3 server a DC." without consequences.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822179
"Changing the role of a server after you install Exchange Server 2003 may
result in loss of some Exchange functionality and is not supported. "

And preferably, one does not run Exchange on a DC at all, unless there's
only one server or it's SBS.

From: "Byron \(Yahoo\)" <snail945@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 16:57:11
To:"[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] RPC over http

http://www.MSExchange.org/

hello, question on rpc over http.

Current setup is as follows:

- 2 Windows 2000 DCs sp4 (also GC/DNS) Active Directory servers
- 1 separate Exchange 2003 server (sp1) running on Windows 2003 sp1

Would like to enable rpc over http/s for outlook 2003 clients to access from

remote.  is this possible in this setup, given 1 exchange server?

many thanks!
byron