Re: RPC over http

  • From: "Byron \(Yahoo\)" <snail945@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:49:37 -0800

thanks carl. it's not really the software cost that's of concern as that's already paid for. (in this case) it's more just ensuring the integration approach (change mgmt) so that any transition is smooth and downtime, if any, is minimized. also, the 2000 DC hardware is dated so upgrading their OS presents a level of risk, that, if not required, may be simpler, if only in the short run.

That said, It seems clear (at this point) like an upgrade of (at least one) DC is required. I had received conflicting info prior. This is helpful info.

thanks again for your comments.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Houseman" <c.houseman@xxxxxxxxx>
From: "Byron \(Yahoo\)" <snail945@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 16:57:11
To:"[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [exchangelist] RPC over http

hello, question on rpc over http.

Current setup is as follows:

- 2 Windows 2000 DCs sp4 (also GC/DNS) Active Directory servers
- 1 separate Exchange 2003 server (sp1) running on Windows 2003 sp1

Would like to enable rpc over http/s for outlook 2003 clients to access

remote.  is this possible in this setup, given 1 exchange server?

many thanks!

List Archives:
You are currently subscribed to this Discussion List as: snail945@xxxxxxxxx