RE: RPC over HTTPS and Outlook 2003

  • From: "Sarbjit Singh Gill" <ssgill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:22:00 +0800

 You have to do some kind of web Listeners chaining
(http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/2004pubowamobile.html)  if you want to
use two different authentication mechanisms on a single IP.

Gill

It is interesting to know for me:
I used the same listener in RPC over HTTPS publishing like in OWA
publishing. It menas that the Listener has the authentication Forma-based
authentication. But I tried both form-based and standard authentication for
RPC over HTTPS. It didn't help me.

To your previous mail:
I didn't have the record of EXchange back-end server in the external DNS.
THat is also not my wish. I want o protect back-end from hackers. Because of
that I have twio Firewalls and ISA 2004 in Lab. Only ISA external IP address
should be connected by extern clients. THen, you know, ISA will forwar (SSL
bridging) traffic to front-end.

I tested your suggestion before. If I have the back-end in the DNS list and
type back-end Exchange in Exchange Server field, I can connect me over RPC
over HTTPS.

Best Regrads
Mustafa

http://www.ntfaxfaq.com