RE: RPC over HTTPS and Outlook 2003

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:33:05 -0400

If everything else is OK as you mention, I can only think of your SSL
certificate. May be the common name used to issue the certificate does
not match the URL used to access the RPC over HTTP. This was a problem I
had in the lab, and found it out the hard way. Unlike OWA, RPC over HTTP
will not warn you if the certificate names do not match. Instead, it
will simply timeout. Can you tell me the url you are using to access the
RPC over HTTP, and the "Issued To: " part of your SSL certificate.