RE: RPC over HTTP unable to configure the client--Please help

  • From: "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:11:36 -0400

Praveen,
Like Tom.S  mentioned, the easiest way to rollout this configuration to
clients would be to use ORK and create a configuration file, then tell
the users to run the config file in their workstations. The Outlook will
get configured automatically. The users will not have to go through the
error messages. From client to FE, you need only port 80 and 443.
Actually only 443 is sufficient. From FE in the DMZ to your BE and AD,
you need a whole lot of other ports to be opened. I suggest you download
and read the following article. It tells you the possible RPC over HTTP
deployment scenarios and ports that needs to opened for these scenarios,

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;840255

HTH.
Regards,
Raj Periyasamy