Re: RPC over HTTP unable to configure the clie nt--Please help

  • From: Roger Mackenzie <r.mackenzie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:11:19 +0100

Praveen,

    I don't have a solution to this for you- in fact I've got the same
problem. Have you fixed this problem yet?

    I avoid the initial authentication when setting up the mail profile by
cancelling the authentication prompt (as suggested in several of the
documents on setting up RPC over HTTP). I can get RPC over HTTP configured
in the mail profile but when I come to try and use it I get into an endless
authentication loop as you do during set up. Needless to say it's driving me
nuts. All other services through the front end work fine without
authentication difficulties. We've got a lot of IP packet filtering in place
and I've deliberately blocked FE/BE traffic to see what is happening but
nothing is getting bounced so I've little clue where to start looking.

Regards, Roger Mackenzie (Glasgow University)

  _____