Re: RPC over HTTP question

  • From: "Mark Meelhuysen" <m.meelhuysen@xxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 11:24:43 -0600

I also have a question about this option. When I want to use Exchange over
http, do I need to open any extra ports on my firewall? Besides port 80
ofcourse.
And how do I configure RPC over http on my exchange server exactly. At
this moment my server is "not part of an exchange managed RPC-HTTP
topology" and when I select "RPC-HTTP back-end server" I get the warning:
"There is no RPC-HTTP front-end in your Exchange organisation".
I think I understand what the warming means and why. So now my question
is: Is it possible to accomplisch my goal with just one Exchange 2003
server in my organisation which is also my DC, webserver, fileserver? It
is separated from the internet by an other machine who has only the
function of a firewall and that is not part of the domain.