RPC over HTTP: - Problems accessing from outside our network.

  • From: "Lloyd Williams" <Williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 12:22:15 -0400

I have a single server Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003.
I am having problems getting rpc over http working from home.
The configuration works from inside our network as I use Outlook
/rpcdiag and I see outlook connects as HTTPS.
However from outside the network I just get a server unavailable
I have a feeling the problem is that the outlook client is trying to
access the server with the internal DNS name.
When I set up the outlook client the internal DNS A record pops up in
the client control panel.
I would have though the solution would be to put entries for the
internal DNS name in the client hosts file  but this doesn't seem to
work. Even though I can access OWA over SSL using the internal DNS name
in the host file. So that indicated name resolution is going OK
Does any one have any suggestions
Lloyd Williams