[ExchangeList] Re: RPC operation is very high- urgent

  • From: "James Chong" <jchong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:19:37 -0400

Download and install exmon.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9a49c22e-e0c7-4
b7c-acef-729d48af7bc9&displaylang=en

James Chong (MVP)
MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

________________________________

From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dhirendra Kumar
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 1:38 AM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] Re: RPC operation is very high- urgent

can u tell me how i can find out who is causing this high spikes with
desktop engine or some outlook rules.

On 8/10/07, James Chong < jchong@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:jchong@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > wrote:

        Do you know if this is a spike going on or has been a continuous
trend? If it's a spike that you're experiencing, run exmon to see if
there is a particular user running some sort of operation that is
causing this, could be anything from indexing operations such as desktop
search engines that the previous poster suggested, some user moving
large number of items or running some Outlook rule, etc, Blackberry
issues etc. Also good to run Exchange Best Practice analyzer as well.