[ExchangeList] Re: RPC Over Https conf Problem....

  • From: "Ravi Dogra" <dogra.ravi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 05:08:41 +0530

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Hi James,

Thanks for document and the link.

I am able to communicate over above mentioned ports. Also i have used
the same link which you gave me to configure RPC Over Http.

But the problem is when i use my laptop from home it asks me for User
Name and password when i open microsoft outlook. I am putting in my
credentials and result is, it again asks me for user name and password
and keeps on doing the same.

it looks like to be Authorization problem.

I am confused because i am able to use OWA over SSL but not RPC Over Https.

--
Ravi Dogra

On 9/16/06, ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <ChongJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Ravi,

From my understanding RPC\HTPP does not work for users on BE1? Can you first
describe what you have done\configured. Can you confirm that you followed the
instructions on this link,

How to Deploy RPC over HTTP for the First Time on Exchange Server 2003 SP1
(Front-End/Back-End Scenario)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3RPCHTTPDep/0e7e8fb8-5bd8-4a05-9dec-47f6541cc1d5.mspx?mfr=true

Verify that your FE can communicate to your BE servers on ports 6001, 6002, and
6004.

You can also take a look at a sample build of deploying RPC over HTTP in a
FE\BE scenario here.

ftp://mail.msexchange911.net/

Sample Server Build for OWA with RPC over HTTP.rtf

James Chong
Exchange | Administrator
MCSE | M+, S+,  MCTS, Security+
Cell: 703| 206|7548 (work)