RPC MTA Error Exchange 5.5

  • From: "Newhouse, Christina C." <CCN@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 10:04:31 -0400

Exchange Group,

I am getting the following error on my Windows 2000 SP2 box running Exchange
5.5 SP2 to my remote offices.  I have included an error message below.  We
are an NT domain and we use external DNS servers.  Our Exchange box has
external DNS entries.  I've added an LMHOSTS file that contains the other
Exchange servers but we are still receiving this error.   This server isn't
multihomed and the pipes b/w offices are 256K and 512K.  We have about 170
users.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Mail is being delivered
b/w offices without error.  Sometimes the queues will stack up.

An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC.
Locality Table (LTAB) index: 201, NT/MTA error code: 1722.
Comms error 1722,       Bind error      1722,
Remote Server Name FLONTSVR_FILE [MAIN BASE 1 500 %10] (14)

Thank you again,

Tina Newhouse

Unless otherwise indicated or obvious from the nature of the above
communication, the information contained herein may be an attorney-client
privileged and confidential information/work product. The communication is
intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader
of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error or are not sure whether it
is privileged, please immediately notify us by return e-mail and destroy any
copies, electronic, paper or otherwise, which you may have of this