RPC Errors and Slow message queue - MTA

  • From: Jared Teche <jared.teche@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:41:18 -0600

MTA queue is over two hours old and moving messages very slowly.  My WAN
router does not appear to be the problem.  Traffic over a 1536k pipe is
running at 75% or lower.

I have rebooted my server and I am looking to have corporate reboot the
bridgehead server I am connecting to.

Getting a slew of RPC errors in my Application Log:

An RPC communications error occurred. No data was sent over the RPC
connection. Locality table (LTAB) index: 174. Windows NT error: 0. The MTA
will attempt to recover the RPC connection. [BASE IL KERNEL 24 512] (12)

An RPC communications error occurred. No data was sent over the RPC
connection. Locality table (LTAB) index: 174. Windows NT error: 5. The MTA
will attempt to recover the RPC connection. [BASE IL KERNEL 24 520] (12)

An RPC communications error occurred. No data was sent over the RPC
connection. Locality table (LTAB) index: 174. Windows NT error: 282. The MTA
will attempt to recover the RPC connection. [BASE IL KERNEL 24 520] (12)

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jared Teche
Network Administrator