RES: cannot connect to exchange server

  • From: "Luiz Claudio Camargo" <lcamargo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:37:44 -0300

When you use the ping command, is the name correctly resolved? If the
computer cannot resolve the name of the exchange server it can't
connect. If you don't have a Dns in a brach office, you can Use Wins or
edit the Hosts File. If You use the exchange server's Ip Address it
change automatically to the name of the server and stop working when the
name is not resolved...