RE: RES: Using 2 IMC Servers and 2 SMTP Relay

  • From: Dêniz Feital (Chiptek) <dfeital@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:23:21 -0300

        Hello, how are you? Thank you for replying my message.

        Well, let me try to explain it better. English is not my first
language, so, I didnt make myself clear at all :-))

        My Organization has 2 sites in different locations, different
cities. This in a near future, ok?

        Site A will have: 1 IMC, 1 smtp relay which goes to and comes from
the Internet.

        Site B will have: 1 IMC, 1 smtp relay which goes to and comes from
the Internet, using another way out.

        I would like: Site A uses as much as it can the first smtp relay
(its own), but if this smtp relay is down, it should automatically point to
the other smtp relay, which resides in the other site. And vice-versa.

        Actually my main worry is if smtp relay is down, if it is down, I
would like IMC pointed to the other smtp relay. If one IMC is down I know
the Exchange users would point to the other IMC automatically.

        Which configuration should I do in the IMCs?

        Thank you very much.