RE: RES: Re: Mirror Exchange

  • From: jibarra@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:43:19 -0800

I am using  this scenario at myh org. but it is with exchange 5.5

I have a primary production server and a Hot Spare that is offline and gets
the database restored to it every day after a full back up.

The Hot spare is a duplicate image of the production attached to a NT BDC
that was created on the real network to acquire the SID and then promoted to
a BDC in an isolated hub. Off the real network.  Then it was joined to the
domain using this BDC

It has the same name and Ip address as the production. In the event that the
production goes down, I can copy the log files from it to the hotsapre
rejoined to the real domain and hope that it will come up.  If everything
works right, the database is identical and users have all their email.
It can be a very tedious job just to try to set up.

Is it something like this that you are looking for?

Juan