Re: RES: RE: RES: RE: RES: RE: RES: RE: RES: Could not connect to smtp host : 10053

  • From: "Medeiros, Jose" <jmedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:11:46 -0700

Hi Mark,

If I am understanding you correctly, are you using a standard version on McAfee
Corporate on your Exchange server? You do know that you have to exclude the
transaction logs and exchange database scanning on most client based antivirus
programs, including Symantec so that you do not corrupt them.

Both Symantec, McAfee and Trend Micro have an Exchange anti-virus scanning
engine designed specifically to scan an Exchange Information Store.

Personally I prefer to have a Mail Gateway server scanning email for Virus's
before they are delivered to the Exchange system.

Postini and Bright Mail also offer hosted solutions that work well for small to
medium business.