RE: RES: RE: OWA SSL - Virtual HTTP Redirection qu eston

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:36:41 -0500

If by site you mean virtual server, then that should do it.  What you would
provide is OWA at some domain, and then the users would enter their own
UPN/SMTP addr to access their mailbox.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293386  Method 3 has some details on that
type of setup.

Method 3: Create additional virtual directories for additional SMTP domains
Note If the computer uses front-end servers and back-end servers, you must
create the virtual directories on both the front-end servers and the
back-end servers. 1. Start Exchange System Manager.
2. Expand Servers, expand ServerName, expand Protocols, expand HTTP, and
then expand Exchange Virtual Server.
3. Right-click the Exchange virtual server, click New, and then click
Virtual Directory.
4. Type the name of the new virtual directory.

This name will appear in the URL that is used by clients to access the new
virtual directory. For example, if you create a new virtual directory named
companybmail, clients will use a URL that is similar to
http://www.domain.com/companybmail/.
5. To select an SMTP domain, click the Modify button, and then select an
SMTP domain from the list.

Note This list is generated from all SMTP Address values in all recipient
policies that are defined in your Exchange organization. You cannot supply
an SMTP domain that does not appear in this list.

Is that what you were looking for, or did you want to setup multiple
websites and multiple certificates etc?  This strikes me as a hosting type
question and I'm wondering if Microsoft ever put hosting docs back on the
web.  I know they used to be there, but have not seen them lately.  Used to
be here: http://www.microsoft.com/serviceproviders/whitepapers/default.asp

Al