Re: RES: RE: Directory Harvest Attack

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 14:05:40 -0500

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:05:36 -0200, Tiago de Aviz <tiago@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  http://www.MSExchange.org/
>

> Oh, i forgot to mention: I own GFI 9!
>

> My concern is not the spam entering here, but if the guy can know which
> addresses are valid here, iÂm afraid the volume of spam may increase
> greatly.
>

> But I guess you canÂt stop a flood with a glass of waterâ

"1) Sign-up for a managed outsourced Anti-spam/virus service such as:
Postini, MX Logic, Brightmail,etc.

2) Setup your own email anti-spam firewall/gateway system such as:
Postfix on FreeBSD

3) Procure an anti-spam appliance such as: Barracuda spam firewall, xwall, etc."

One of these will solve the problem you stated you are having.

...D