Re: RES: RE: DOUBT

  • From: "Kim Vandegrift" <kim.vandegrift@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:53:20 -0600

Hi Everyone

Here's what I have running and it seems to be just fine.

I have a server set up as the NAV server. This server is in charge of all
of the clients. This server is configured to automatically check symantec
for updated virus defs, download and install to itself. It then pushes out
the updates to the clients.

On my Exchange 2000 Server: I have the NAV client installed (to take care
of the server itself. Actually you can push out the client from the NAV
server (the one in the paragraph above). Then I installed the NAV for
exchange. This layer scans and cleans email as it comes in before it gets
deposited into the users mailbox.

I have not had any issues as another person stated about the NAV client
scanning Exchange.

Hope this helps someone.

Kim