Re: RES: RE: Cannot connect Outlook to Exchange through VPN (Resolved)

  • From: "itelephone" <itelephone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:38:01 +0800

hi denny

I do not think itis the right way to make it work .. if you have a dns
server and your dns record pointed & hosted in your local server then it
should work without doing all these static route,  all should come from your
DHCP server, if you have any.

And if you have hosted your dns record is hosted with ISP dns server then
you have have to the point CNAME as well as host records for mail & www to
internal IP adresses (NAT if you running your dns behind the firewall)) and
another record point to outside IP address of your mail server then your VPN
users should be able to connect without adding any static at their laptop.

You may try to add records in your local dns server if you need any help of
configuration I will post it here in details.

Regards
/it