Re: RES: RE: Cannot connect Outlook to Exchange through VPN (Resolved)

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:34:10 -0400

Resolution for me:

Login as local administrator on the laptop, go into the TCP/IP
properties -> change the DNS server (we only have one internally at
this time) setting to the internal IP address of the DNS server (do
not put any other DNS servers unless they are part of your internal
network).

I initially wanted to avoid this, so I made half a dozen static
entries of our servers in the hosts file of the laptop, but that was
not sufficient.

Hope this helps someone else.

...D