RES: Can I change the name of my exchange server?

  • From: "Alex Decarli" <decarli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 13:35:38 -0300

There's a method to do this, but it's very risk.
on past , I had a crash of my E2k and PSS removed my E2k from organization
withou uninstall , re-install a E2k and re-input in domain.
only have used database from e2k.
He deleted e2k schemma references, re-installed e2k without the database in
domain and before reboot, made a restore database in e2k.
after the machine is up, applied SP2 and the E2k is working well.
But he said "this procedure only work sometimes..."

Good Luck