RE : MTA service failed to start

  • From: ROSSILLON Pascal <pascal.rossillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:29:13 +0200

Hi Mat,

First, check the following article :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q162384

You can remove MTADATA contents, but the MTA will not recreate the few
necessary files it needs to work.
You need to copy them from Exchange 5.5 CD to MTADATA ( and don't forget to
remove Read-Only attribute on them ) or the service will not start.

Remember that you will loose pending mails if they are some. Check MTA queue
before removing the folder.

Hope this helps.

Pascal Rossillon