• From: "Andy Arnold" <AArnold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 05:13:43 -0500

I have ISA 2000 on my gateway system. I have IIS configured as a SMTP and have
it relaying for just my domain.
I have DNS lookup turn on the IIS SMTP. In the IIS logs it always shows a RDNS
value of no matter what server submits emails.
How can I get the RDNS lookup on the IIS SMTP to actually look up the sending
domain's ip address?

 Andy Arnold

MCT since 2002 , MCSD VB6/VB.NET,
MSDBA SQL 7/SQL2000, MCSA 2000/2003,
MSCE NT4/2000/2003, MCAD VB.NET,
MCP NT4/2000/2003, LAN,A+

<?xml:namespace prefix = ns0 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
/>PCC Airfoils, LLC.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The non-public information contained in or attached to this
is the confidential, proprietary information of PCC Airfoils, LLC.  In addition
to any restrictions
that may apply pursuant to the terms of Confidentiality or Non-Disclosure
Agreements between
PCC Airfoils, LLC and the recipient, this information may not be reproduced,
disclosed to any
third party, or used by the recipient except for the specific purpose for which
it was provided,
without the prior written approval of PCC Airfoils, LLC.  U.S. export laws may
also apply to the
information contained in or attached to this message. Export or re-export of
this information is
prohibited. Please do not read this message if you are not the intended
recipient. Although we
have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this
e-mail, we cannot
accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the viruses in this
e-mail or attachments.