RCP_OUT_DATA and RPC_IN_DATA

  • From: "Mustafa Cicek" <mbcicek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 05:43:13 -0600

Hi!

I have a big trouble with RPC over HTTP.
My network:
<Internet> <Netscreen FW1> <ISA 2004> <Netscreen FW2> <Internal Network with
FE+BE+GC>

In internal network I cann access FE/BE over "RPC over HTTP" without any
problem. I have only problem if I want to access from external to internal
network over "RPC over HTTP".
Other connections, such as OWA, IMAP4, POP3 from external to internal work
well.

ISA 2004 monitorr tells following:

Allowed connection    RPC_OUT_DATA
https://owa.intra.exchtest.net:443/rpc/rpcproxy.dll?owa.intra.exchtest.net:6004

Failed connection    RPC_IN_DATA

https://owa.intra.exchtest.net:443/rpc/rpcproxy.dll?owa.intra.exchtest.net:593

Failed connection    RPC_IN_DATA
https://owa.intra.exchtest.net:443/rpc/rpcproxy.dll?owa.intra.exchtest.net:593

What does it mean what ISA 2004 in monitoring shows?
Why cannot I access over "RPC over HTTP" from external to internal?
Please help!!!

Outlook client tries to connect, but then it says that "Outlook must be in
online mode to connect Exchange". It is online! I can use other services
from Exchange without any problem, but not RPC over HTTP!

Best Regards
Mustafa