RE: Queues

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 17:18:10 -0400

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:45:14 -0400, Nef Perez <nperez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Chris -
> I think you're right on the money. When I go to the badmail directory on
> my Exchange server, I have thousands of badmail and when I view them
> they are addressed to unknown users. The emails are small in size.

This might be of assistance:

http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/dealing_with_ba.html

> How do I prevent this? Is it as simple as installing a spam guard
> software? What was the "long" post titled, so I can research it?

What anti-virus and anti-spam software do you run right now? So, you
have ruled out your server is not an open relay, and is virus free?

On-top of what Chris Wall said about GFI, I would personally recommend
TrendMicro's ScanMail. XWall http://www.xwall.us/ is another popular
one. Sybari Anti-Gen... etc...

...D

P.S. I was called to other duties, so I did not get a chance to append
to my first reply and then compliment what Chris said, and continue on
with other suggestions.