Re: Queues

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:10:14 -0400

Or spam could be coming in to your domain that is addressed to non-existant
accounts and your exchange server is trying to send an NDR.  Of course the
address your server is trying to send mail to is a 'spoofed' address and is
not real.  So you must wait for the message to time out and be deleted from
the queue....

Are all the messages similar in size?  (if so this is a good indicator that
they are NDR's)
Can you open any of the messages to see the text?  If so, give us a

As far as stopping it, there was just a long post in this group (just
yesterday I believe) about this very issue...