RE: Questions before diving in.

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 22:46:15 -0800

There is more involved than changing DNS. If you intention is to use
Exchange for mailboxes, not associated with users in a domain, yes you can
do that.

But if your intent is to use Exchange like it is meant to be used, it must
be installed in the domain from the get go to avoid problems.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You