RE: Questions about rebuilding an exchange server.

  • From: "Mike Liddekee" <mliddekee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:52:56 -0500

I would probably recommend doing a full server backup and then blow the server
away and rebuild from scratch and install Win2000/Exch2000 again and then
restore your exchange databases.  Once you're sure the server is properly
configured again and working under Exch2000, then do your migration to 2003.
Just make sure that your backups are actually usable.  You'd be surprised how
many people get burned by that.

Mike Liddekee
Network Engineer

Humco Holding Group, Inc.