[ExchangeList] Questions about Exchange Server2003

  • From: "Helder Coelhas" <helder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 19:04:47 +0100

Hi everyone,

The company i work for is planning to buy and install Exchange Server 2003,
and it`s my job to figure if it fits the needs we expect it to. So I would
appreciate that anyone with the proper knowledge would answer my doubts, as
I an completely ignorant in Exchange. So here it goes:

1: The server where it will eventually run can not guarantee an uptime of
100%. Is it possible to have the mail delivered to two distinct servers when
one fails?

2: From the Exchange specs I have noticed that the standard version can only
support one database. Can we still have multiple domains of email being
delivered to that server, or is it one database, one domain, and therefore
we would need the enterprise version?

3: The database in exchange server 2003 is used to keep all the information?
For instance if someone receives a large attachment in an email is it stored
as well in this database, or is it possible to have another destination for
these kind of files.

4: Let`s say we reach the database size limit, is it possible to archive the
entire database, in case in the future we need to retrieve an old email?

Thanks very much in advance, Helder.