Question regarding restoring Exchange 2000 databases

  • From: Darvish <darvish671@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 09:16:47 -0700 (PDT)

I have one Exchange 2000 server in my site. It was
working fine for six months and all of a sudden it
stopped working. I shut down the services, backed up
priv1.edb,priv1.stm, pub1.edb and pub1.stm by copying
them to another drive, Uninstalled Exchange 2000 and
reinstalled it. I was able to bring it to a state so
that everything is working fine and the email is
working in both directions. However, I need to restore
the 4 mentioned databases that I copied to the other
drive on this server. What is the best method to
achieve this?  I would truly appreciate any help
regarding how to restore the old edb and stm database
that you could possible share with me.

Do You Yahoo!?