RE: Question on MX Records

  • From: "William Holmes" <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:27:16 -0400

Hello,

You can switch the ports the exchange 5.5 is using for SMTP and avoid
having to change the MX records.  Look up:

 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;173903

This allows you to use GFI Mail essentials on port 25. You then have to
configure mail essentials to use the new port that you decided on for
exchange.

Bill