Question for exchange experts

  • From: "Leo" <leoperis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 01:14:20 -0600

Hi folks, wonder if you can help with this information..

What fields does an exchange 5.5 server use to determine the actual
location of a

mailbox recipient within its site?

I have a mixed Exchange 5.5/Exchange 2000 server org with one site. I have
a two way

recipient connection agreement on my ADC server and all was well
initially. But now

messages are not flowing correctly.

When I email from the exchange 5.5 server to an address on the exchange
2000 server

the system sends an NDR message. The message tends to indicate that the
exchange 5.5

server believes the recipient belongs on this server and could not find
them.

It states something like "Delivery failed to recipient /o=orgname
/ou=sitename

/cn=exchange55servername /cn=recipients
/cn=mailboxname. There may be a problem with the routing information"

Sorry but I have not got exact text of the message, will check the exact
text on

Monday morning.

I suspect that when the recipient CA ran again it messed things up.

I don't know why it should - just a guess!?
Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

I believe there are two fields that play a role here
that are named something like homeexchangeserverdn & legacyexchangedn
Am I right?

Regards
Leo