Pushing 'Public Folders' Clients Permissions?

  • From: "Dan Klobnak" <dan.klobnak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:09:25 -0500

Hi there, Exchange 2000 Standard sp3 on w2k server.
We implemented use of Public Folders as a way to get around the 16 gig
limitation. However, when it came to client permissions, to secure the
'private' public stores, the only users with rights to the folder was the user.
Discovered that Veritas 9.1 was not backing up the contents. Turns out that the
Backup Exec Services account needs to have permissions to the folders. As many
of you know, and I just found out, the MAPI permissions have to be applied to
each folder. Inheritence is not applicable apparatenly after the fact. Of
course, I have some users who are really good at organizing their folders...

Is there any tool which I can use, or an alternate way, to get this done a
whole lot faster than it is going right now (one folder at a time)? Thanks, Dan