RE: Public folders with the same SMTP address

  • From: HalversonD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 06:56:19 -0500

I ran into the same problem. A client requested the creation of a Public
Folder using his name i.e.: DoeJ and once created the duplication error
suddenly appeared. It took a while but we finally figured out that the
duplication was caused by the smtp address being used for his mailbox, not a
duplication in the Public Folders. The mailbox smtp and the public folder
smtp ended up being identical. Check the GAL for duplication, maybe the
problem is with a mailbox being in conflict../

Cheers Darcy../