Public folders with no owner

  • From: "Byron Kendrick" <bkendrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 08:24:36 -0600

I am not really new to this group but have never posted before so please
be patient with me while I ask a few questions that may seem pretty
simplistic to the rest.

I am trying to migrate from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 in a mixed mode
environment.  When I run the SetupPrep in phase 3 step 1 PubFoldCheck
fails.  The application event viewer on the Ex 5.5 server (NT 4.0) showes
that there are several folders without owners, among these are the
SCHEDULE + FREEBUSY, SYSTEM CONFIGURATION, Offline AddressBook, and
several others that I cannot even see in the public folders as the
Exchange Administrator.  This is a mixed mode environment with a W2k3 PDCE
and 2 NT4. BDCs.

Thanks
Byron